Funding for Scientific Research 2018/2019
With the aim of encouraging the research into healthy human being’s physical and mental processes, namely in fields still largely unexplored but which warrant further scientific analysis, the BIAL Foundation opens now a Grants programme for Scientific Research with the following characteristics:
1. Scope and purpose - Only the fields of Psychophysiology and Parapsychology shall be covered by this programme. The goals to be met by the applicants shall be set by the Research Programme under application.
2. Addressees - All scientific researchers will be admitted as applicants, either individually or in groups, except those working for the BIAL Foundation or for any of the companies belonging to the BIAL Group. The current Grant Holders of the BIAL Foundation can also be admitted as applicants; however, they shall only benefit from new grants under this programme after the successful completion of the work comprised in the scope of previous awarded grants.
3. Duration and commencement - The total duration of the grants shall not exceed 3 years and shall commence between 1st of January and 31st of October 2019.
4. Total amount and payment’s periodicity - The approved applications shall benefit from grants in total amounts comprised between €5,000 and €50,000. The specific amount shall be fixed in accordance with the needs of the Research Project under application. The amount awarded to each Research Project shall be understood as a maximum amount, which shall be paid by the BIAL Foundation on the presentation of the documents of expenses. The payments shall be made annually or bi-annually. This periodicity shall be defined in accordance with the schedule of the Research Project.
5. Applications - Applications should be submitted in English by the 31st of August 2018, in accordance with the Regulation of Grants for Scientific Research of the BIAL Foundation, via the Bial Foundation Grants Management System (BF-GMS). Applications of projects from Clinical or Experimental Models of Human Disease and Therapy shall not be accepted.
6. Assessment of applications and disclosure of results - Applications shall be assessed by the Scientific Board of the BIAL Foundation. The decision shall be disclosed, by notice to the applicants, within 4 (four) months from the final deadline for submitting applications.
7. Applicable Regulation - The application implies the full acceptance by the applicant of the Regulation of Grants for Scientific Research of the BIAL Foundation, which governs the present programme.
The BIAL Foundation reserves the right to refuse the application of former Grant Holders who have repeatedly violated their legal and contractual obligations.
The Regulation of Grants for Scientific Research of the BIAL Foundation is available at: